Exchange
Story
SAWASSDEE
THAILAND PROJECT
It
was first time I went aboard throught AIESEC LC Brawijaya University to
Thailand. Before I went there, I just could imagine how if I there. Until on 16Th January, 2014 I went Bangkok by
AIR ASIA Plane. I was worried if there
was no comittee that would pick me up.
But, when I arrived in Don Muang Airport in Bangkok, there were two cute
girls hold a paper and the words of the paper was AIESEC LC Brawijaya
University. I guest that they were the
comittees that would pick me and it was true.
I followed her to a hotel near Bangkok University in the night. In there, I was so surprised because I looked
there were so many people with different characteristic. Yeahh, there were three Chinesse, a srilanka
interns, a germany interns, a brazilian interns, a colombian, an indian, and
four Indonesian interns. I had three
roomates, 2 from china their name was
Alise and Meggie , and one from AIESEC LC University of Indonesia her name was
Aura.
We
stayed 3 days in bangkok to attended English camp. In the english camp, we did a preparation
before teaching. I should teach student
from kindegarten until 6th grade students.
So, i prepared some materials and I have prepared materials in Indonesia
before there. I brought pictures of
vegetable, animals, etc.
In
20th january 2014, we went to each province of our school. I went to Angthong Province, I had a partner
that live with me in a same host family.
Her name was Monica, she was an interns from UNDIP. When we arrived in a place, there was a
beautiful young woman and a pretty mother.
They were my host family. The
young woman name was Gigg, and the mother’s name was Pui. We called the young women, Pi Gigg, Pi is
thailand language and the meaning is sister.
We called the mother was Pa Pui, the meaning off Pa was aunt. Pi gig is
english teacher in Wat Mahanam School and Pa pui is a thai language in wat
mahanam too. Then they brought us to
their home by car. I arrived in a house,
and I felt comfortable there. Wow, I was
really happy in the house, the house had a beautiful scenary and so calm.
In
the morning, they brought us to the school.
I became a teacher in Wat Bost school.
The school is not too bad like the school in Indonesia. I did not think if the school was more better
than a poor school in Indonesia. I had
just 60 students. They were so funny and
they really appreciate me. I teach them
with my gesture, hmm it was so difficult to teach english. I didnot thai
language and they di not know indonesia language. But, I tried learned thai so I could talked
to them. There were so many materials
that I gave to them, I teach them body part, seasons, weathers, noun, pronoun,
adjectives, preposition. Beside that, i
gave them many games like scrabble, touch thing, act like animal etc. I also teach them english song like are you
sleeping, hello song, twinkle-twinkle little star etc. I also did not forget to teach Indonesia language
to them. I teach potong bebek angsa song
and topi saya bundar too. Then I also
teach them cublak-cublak suweng dance.
In
the afternoon, we ate togather in the canteen.
I really appreciate the chef because she knew that i was an moeslim
people, so she never forget to does not cook pork. The food had different taste with Indonesian
food. Most of the food were sour. And
the popular food was Tom yam. One thing
that made me remember indonesia, there was fried rice like nasi goreng, there was food like kolak, nogosari, es
campur, rujak etc. After had lunch, I
gave dodol garut and keripik tempe to the teachers and students. They said that “aalllooy”. Aloy, the meaning
is delicious J.
In every
weekend, The host family used to carry I
and Monica to many beautiful places. We
visited Buddhist temple in Ayuttaya, beautiful pond in Lop Buri, ransit market,
a castle in Kanchana Buri, etc. I and my
host family ever wore thai cloth and we visit a beautiful park in Ang thong
Province. Beside that, I and my students
also did traveling in Suban Buri by bus.
In there, there was a historical place, awesome waterfall, and big
bridge. In the journey, I sang thai song
with my students. It was interesting day to be a teacher.
Before
I leave thailand, in the last day , I held an english day. In the time, my students performed in the
stage. I wore kebaya cloth, they said that kebaya was suay, Suay is beutiful J. In the time, The first grade sang potong
bebek angsa song, second and third grade sang topi saya bundar song, fourth
grade sang hello song, fifth grade performed weather forecast and the sixth
grade performed Cinderella drama. They
could sang Indonesia song well and could spoke english well. They made me so proud of them. Actually, I still want to teach them.In the
last day, i gave batik cloth to my host family and the head masters. I also gave a reward to my students that
active in teaching-learning process. My
students gave me a letter and another teachers gave me some souvenirs. My students cried when I would leave the
school. They made me cry too. Oh, noo, I
would miss them so much.
In
the morning, I arrived in Bangkok Province.
I met again with another interns. And in the night, we celebrate farewell party
in a cafe. In the I looked there were so
many lesby people. We did karaoke and
dinner togather. We could not realize
tthat the time was running faster.
Until, in the morning I went to don Muang Airport by taxi, my buddy,
Aloha, accompanied me. Finally, I
entered the airport and entered the air plane.
In the airplane, I just smile and said by myself “ This is a little step
of Young Ambassador J”.
I really thanks
to god that gave me chance to get many experiences in this elephant
country. I also do not forget to say
thank you to AIESEC LC Brawijayaand Bangkok Unviresity taht accepted me to be
an intern in the Sawasdee Thaialand Project.
Thank you to my manager, Andhika, so sorry if I always make you bussy J. Thankyou for my kind host family too that
always buy many food for breakfast and dinner J
and always carry us to traveling.
Thankyou for Wat Bost School’s teachers too that always accompany me. Thankyou for the chief too that always cooked
food for me. The last, I would like to
say Join Aiesec make your dream come True J.
KAPHUNKA
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar